At December 7 Veeam released version 5.0.1 of Veeam Backup & Replication. Version 5.0.1 is a maintenance release fixing the issues reported by customers in the 5.0 release.
In addition to bug fixes, this release also introduces a number of new features and enhancements.
The following is a list of new features introduced in the Veeam Backup & Replication 5.0.1:
• Distributed Virtual Switches (DVS) support. Veeam Backup & Replication now supports configuring virtual labs in virtual environments with DVS.
• Improved virtual lab auto-configuration logic. Automatic virtual lab networking configuration now supports more scenarios and should work more reliably.
• SQL Server Role. New SQL Server role and corresponding application verification script was added to SureBackup roles.
• Automatic failover for Veeam Backup server. Attempting to backup Veeam Backup server in Virtual Appliance mode now automatically fails over the job to Network mode for Veeam Backup VM.
• Multi-OS File Level Restore DHCP requirement removed. FLR helper appliance no longer requires DHCP to be present in the environment, and can be configured to use static IP address instead.
• Multi-OS File Level Restore via FTP. FTP server can now be optionally enabled on FLR helper appliance for scenarios when faster bulk recovery of thousands of guest files is needed.
For a list of resolved issues see the Release Notes on 5.0.1 http://www.veeam.com/files/release_notes/veeam_backup_5_0_1_release_notes.pdf