This past Friday, VMware announced the availability of VMware Heartbeat 6.3 Update 1. The release notes list several new features, such as:
- Enhanced passive server management capabilities — A new deployment option allows the passive server to be managed directly and monitored or patched remotely from a centralized solution; this includes receiving file level antivirus updates. This option is only available for:
- vCenter 4.0 U1 and its updates, 4.1 and its updates
- Remote SQL Server 2005, 2008 only
- Secure Client Server Communications — vCenter Server Heartbeat now provides secure client server communications with SSL Encryption using a 2048-bit key.
- Support for View Composer — This release of VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat now provides support for View Composer v2.5
read more at the VMware blog