A *MUST* have tool for any VMware administrator, consultant etc wanting to have information on the VMware infrastructure is RVTools. This free tool developed by Rob de Veij from the Netherlands shows you about anything on ESX hosts, virtual machines, networking and storage. Overviews can be exported to CSV for import in for instance Excel. Very handy to do calculations on resource consumption.
If you do not know this tool, download it now. You will not regret!
New in version 3.2 which was released in October 2011
- New tabpage with distributed switch information
- New tabpage with distributed port information
- It’s now possible to export a single tabpage to an excel file from the command
- It’s now possible to save the filter. The next time RVTools is started it will use the
- Bugfix: On vSnapshot tab the displayed filename and filesize are not always
- Bugfix: Improved exception handling on vPort tab.