At November 29 Dell released the EqualLogic Host Integration Tools (HIT) for Microsoft v4.5 Early Production Access. Main new feature is support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
Auto-Snapshot Manager (ASM) is used to create storage volume snapshots which are application consistent. Before a storage snapshot is made, ASM makes sure a VSS snapshot is made of the VMs running on the volume which needs to be snapshot.
HIT/ME now supports Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. With Windows Server 2012, Smart Copies of the cluster shared volume (CSV) are now application consistent, not just file system consistent. You no longer need to install ASM/ME in the Hyper-V VMs; you only need to install it on the cluster nodes.
Download can be done at https://support.equallogic.com/Downloads are restricted to Equallogic customers having a login and password.
HIT/Microsoft v4.5 Early Production Access includes the following features and updates:
Support for Dell EqualLogic PS Series Firmware v6.0 features:
- Synchronous Replication
- Snapshot space borrowing
- Volume undelete (recovery bin)
- Single Sign-On
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Windows 8, including a new EqualLogic Storage Management Provider (SMP) for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Windows 8
- Support for rethinning thin-provisioned volumes from Microsoft Windows. Rethinning can reduce the amount of storage in use by a volume on the Dell EqualLogic PS group.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SP1 and 2007 SP3 protection
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2008 protection
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2007 protection
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 and 2008 protection
- New PowerShell Tools, including support for Single-Sign-On to PS Series Groups using Active Directory domain credentials
Enhancements to the ASM/ME GUI:
- Remote management of Dell EqualLogic MPIO settings in ASM/ME
- More granular control of included / excluded SAN interfaces for Dell EqualLogic MPIO in ASM/ME
- Cross-host summary views in ASM/ME
- Configure access to multiple PS Series Groups in ASM/ME
- Backward and Forward Navigation of previously viewed ASM/ME settings and pages
- Configuration Warning Wizard