System Center 2012 SP1 available for download on TechNet and MSDN
December 20, 2012 Leave a comment
Today Microsoft released System Center 2012 SP1. It is available for download at TechNet and MSDN. Mind this is only available for evaluation, testing and development (NO PRODUCTION)!
Mind those who installed Beta or pre-Beta of SP1 will need to reinstall SP1.
SP1 is not just a regular Service Pack containing hotfixes. It has A LOT of new features.
The new features of SP1 for System Center Virtual Machine manager are:
- Support for Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- network virtualization. Ability to share the same IP-subnets by multiple tenants.
- logical switch. Like a distributed switch in VMware vSphere. Configure policies once and apply to multiple hosts.
- support voor VHDX fileformaat (<64 TB)
- Ability to convert VHD to VHDX, use VHDX as base Operating System image
- support for SQL 2012 Availability Groups
- management of VMware vCenter 5.0 and ESX 5.0 hosts
- Plugins for the SCVMM console
More information and lots of links at hyper-v.nu