VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.0.2 and 220.127.116.11 released
December 21, 2012 Leave a comment
December 20 has been a busy day at VMware HQ. Many new software releases were made available for download.
VMware released two new versions of vCenter Site Recovery Manager: 5.0.2 and 5.1.0
The difference between the versions is the vSphere support.SRM versions are in lockstep with the vSphere releases.
SRM 5.1 supports VMware ESX5.1 while SRM 5.0.2 does not support ESX5.1
SRM 5.1 supports vCenter Server 5.1. SRM 5.02 is limited to support for vCenter Server 5.0 releases.
For compatibility see this matrix.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 18.104.22.168
Release notes can be read here.
SRM 22.214.171.124 provides the following improvements:
- Resolves critical issues in SRM 5.1. If you have installed SRM 5.1 (build 820150), you must upgrade your installation to SRM 126.96.36.199 (build 941848).
- Includes vSphere Replication 188.8.131.52. If you have installed vSphere Replication 5.1, after you upgrade SRM to 184.108.40.206, you must also vSphere Replication to vSphere Replication 220.127.116.11.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.0.2
It offers improvements and bug fixes.
Release notes are here.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.0.2 offers the following improvements:
- Added support for protection and IP customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- RHEL Server 6.2 and 6.3 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 12.04
NOTE: To protect virtual machines that run the above operating systems, you must upgrade ESXi Server to version 5.0 update 2 on both the protected and recovery sites.
- The vSphere Replication management server accepts MD5 certificates. See Caveats and Limitations.
- Upgraded OpenSSL 0.9.8m to 0.9.8t for improved security. This addresses the security advisory that was issued for OpenSSL in January 2012.
- Auto-generated certificates use RSA keys of 2048 bits.