For disaster recovery (DR) of virtual machines running on vSphere just a few rocksolid solutions are available, in particular for enterprise environments. In April 2012 I published an overview of the three major vendors of DR solutions for vSphere. VMware Site Recovery Manager is well known. Zerto Virtual Replication is another great solution. It is increasingly being used by enterprise sized organizations and service providers.
Today the company announced their 3.0 version.
New enterprise features include:
- Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) support: Standardize protection across the organization with support for branch offices, delivering the same tight SLAs of the main office.
- 100 percent assurance for DR testing: New ‘test-before-you-commit’ capability delivers comprehensive recovery.
- Parallel recovery feature accelerates large application availability.
New Cloud Service Provider features include:
- Zerto Self-Service Portal (ZSSP): Offer mission-critical protection quickly and easily with a SSP that integrates into the existing infrastructure with little to no effort.
- Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM): A centralized management point for CSPs to get a complete view of disaster recovery customers across multiple sites. This feature is also useful for enterprises building private clouds.
- vCloud 5.1 seamless integration: Native support for vApps, Storage Profiles, Org Networks, Provider vDC and more.
- VMware vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) integration: The only disaster recovery solution for vCAC environments.
The addition of features since the 1.0 release are shown in this table.
See the Zero Pressrelease for more information.