RVTools is one of the best FREE tools available which helps consultants and system administrators in inventory and managing a VMware vSphere infrastructure. It offers a lot of information on the configuration of storage, network, virtual machines, ESX hosts and a LOT more. Information can easily be downloaded in CSV format so you can do for example capacity planning. With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and RVTools is able to update the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine to the latest version.
If you do not know RVTools I strongly recommend to download the tool and see for yourself how useful it is and makes your life much easier. You won’t regret.
At March 9 RVTools version 3.5 has been released. New are:
- On vInfo tabpage new field: Resource pool
- On vInfo tabpage new field: Consolidation needed.
- On vCPU tabpage new field: Number of cores per socket
- New tabpage with resource pool information
- On vNetwork tabpage new column: Switch name
- On vNetwork tabpage new column: Starts Connected
- On vTools tabpage new column: required version
- On vHost tabpage new columns: custom fields
- On vDisk tabpage new columns: raw disk information
- Improved error handling for SSO login problems
- Bug fix: Invalid snapshot size fixed
- Bug fix: All datetime fields now use the local time zone
- Bug fix: data not refreshed after changing filter