VMware released vCenter Server 5.1 Update 1 at April 25.
This release offers the following improvements:
- vCenter Server is now supported on Windows Server 2012
- Additional vCenter Server Database Support: vCenter Server now supports the following databases.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2
- Additional Guest Operating System Customization Support –vCenter Server now supports customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- RHEL 5.9
- vCenter Essentials no longer enforces vRAM usage limit of 192 GB With vSphere 5.1 Update 1, the Essentials and Essentials Plus licenses no longer restrict virtual machine power-on operations when the vRAM usage limit of 192 GB is met.
- Resolved Issues – This release delivers a number of bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.
More info here
Release notes here.