This post is part of a series of blogpostings on VMworld 2013 announcements. See here for a complete overview of all announcements.
The VMware vCloud Suite 5.5 has been announced at VMworld 2013. The suite is a combination of different VMware solutions.
What is new in vCloud Suite 5.5 :
- vCloud Automation Center is now available in all three editions of the vCloud Suite, vCAC used to be available only in vCloud Suite enterprise edition. vCAC Advanced and Enterprise are available as standalone solutions. vCAC Standard is not available as a standalone product.
- vCloud Automation Center Standard edition has a basic self service feature of vCAC
- vCloud Automation Center Advanced Edition now have the features of the existing vCAC (2012 edition)
- vCloud Automation Center Enterprise Edition has vCAC plus vFabric Application Director for Release automation.
- vCloud Director and vCloud Networking and Security are not sold as standalone products anymore.
- All editions of the vCloud Suite include now automation featurs (offered by vCAC) and operations management (by vCOPS) . Mind there is no price change.
VSAN 1.0 is not part of the vCloud Suite 5.5.
The datasheet is here.