5Nine today announced the release of version 3.6 of Manager for Hyper-V. Manager for Hyper-V is a local management tool for managing the Hyper-V hypervisor.
Microsoft provides a command line tool (SCONFIG) for the basic configuration tasks in Hyper-V server or GUI-less installations, it provides no local GUI for its management, for GUI access, administrators without any third party software have to rely on remote management through Windows Server, System Center Virtual Machine Manager or Remote Server Administration Tools: this is a space well suited for third party solution providers and 5Nine is among them.
5nine Manager for Hyper-V v3.6 allows local and remote management of Virtual Networks and Virtual Machines from a single management console and supports multiple versions of Microsoft hypervisors (2012 R2 / 2012 / 2008 R2 SP1).
Version 3.6 provides the following new features as detailed in the release notes:
- Support of Windows Server 2012 R2
- Live migration of Hyper-V Virtual Machines between cluster nodes
- Virtual Machines Guest Connection View (new to the FREE version of the product)
- Cluster storage information
- Allows files to be copied to and between Virtual Machines
- Enhanced Hyper-V system status report
5Nine also provides a free version of the Manager for Hyper-V with reduced functionality compared to the paid version which costs $149 per physical host per year.