StarWind software released StarWind SAN V8 Beta 3.
The software products uses local storage on servers running Windows Server to provide SAN features. It supports features like VMware HA, vMotion, Hyper-V Live Migration etc. It also does replication and deduplication and much more.
This is an interesting storage solution for small and midsized organisaties who do not have the budget for expensive SAN solutions.
This will be the last beta release. A release candidate is expected soon. The final release will probably made available second half of February 2014.
If you are using SAN V8 Beta 1 or Beta 2 you can update by installing Beta 3 over the existing installation.
New in this third beta:
• Correct processing of device size parameters and usage of available storage of underlying disk.
• Fixed he issue which led to disk write errors (when certain amount of data was written on the device and device files multiplied).
Synchronous replication for LSFS device:
• Fixed snapshot management functionality: creation and deletion of snapshots now works correctly.
• Fixed the issue, where the state of HA node changed to “unsynchronized ” without any reason.
• Hardware VSS provider is now available for LSF S devices and LSFS devices with synchronous replication.
• Software VSS Provider is now available for LSFS devices.
• Replication on very slow channels is now possible.
• Mounting of snapshot fixed.
• Replication algorithm fixed.
Minor fixes to the VAAI commands processing implemented.
Release notes are here.
Download the software here