With the announcement of VMware EVO:RAIL the market for hyper-converged systems gets even more attention. Many companies are partnering with eachother to get more synergy.
This short blogpost provides an overview of the major players and their partners.
- Hardware and software are sold as a single SKU by Nutanix
- Dell recently announced it will ship Nutanix NOS software installed on Dell hardware
- VMware does not sell hardware
- EVO:RAIL is software supplied by VMware to hardware partners. Currently EVO:RAIL appliances are offered by Supermicro, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Inspur and Net One. More partners to announced soon
- Atlantis does not sell hardware. Only software
- Partners with Cisco to provide a reference architecture with UCS and Atlantis ILIO