VMware released Site Recovery Manager 5.8 at September 9.
An overview of some of the new features and enhancements. There are quite a few more.
- Integrated into the vSphere web client
- can use the built in vPostgress database
- enhanced IP customization
- Enhanced reporting – This version of vSphere Replication introduces a new reporting dashboard that provides summary reports of vSphere Replication usage. Administrators now have better visibility into their replication environment, simplifying management and reducing downtime.
- Interoperability with VCHS-DR service and SRM – The prior release, version 5.6, added functionality to support replicating VMs to the vCloud Hybrid Service (VCHS) but was not supported with SRM. This release allows customers to replicate workloads to VCHS while also supporting orchestration of other workloads via SRM. Note that SRM cannot be used with vSphere Replication for orchestrated disaster recovery to VCHS.
- 5x the scale of protection – IT organizations can set up recovery plans scalable up to 5,000 virtual machines per vCenter Server using array-based replication to enable enterprise-level protection–five times larger than with previous limits.
- Enhanced self-service – New integrations will offer customers self-service access to provision predefined disaster recovery protection tiers to new VMs via blueprints in vCloud Automation Center when using array-based replication.
Derek Seaman has some more new features listed in his blog.
The Site Recovery Manager 5.8 release notes are here
Download Site Recovery Manager 5.8 here.