VMware shows it’s certification roadmap for 2015 on it’s website.
The most important changes compared to 2014 are:
- VCAP name disappears and is replaced by VCIX (VMware Certified Implementation Expert)
- VCP now has two exams: Foundation and and a elective exam to validate skills in a specific solution track. The online Foundation exam covers the basics of virtualization
- Each certification has a number in the name as seen in the past. Probably related to the fact that certification now expires.
- The VCAP Design and Administration certifications are now combined into a single VCIX certification requiring two exams (Design and Administration).
- There is an upgrade for current VCAP to VCIX. For example VCAP5-DCD + VCIX6-DCV (admin exam) = VCIX6-DCV
- Elite status for candidates who complete multiple VCIX or VCDX certifications
- VCDXs who want to earn multiple VCDX certifications only need to submit a new design that meets the certification requirement. No additional defense is required.For a multiple VCDX-NV certification, another defense is still requred.
- Two (instead of one ) VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certificati0ns for cloud solution track: VCA6-CMA and VCA6-HC . No information available yet on these two new certifications.
- New certification VCA-NX
- New certification VMware Certified Implementation Expert — Network Virtualization (VCIX-NV)
- The VCIX Design exam will be available at more PearsonVue testing locations
More info on the roadmap at the VMware Certification website. Chris Wahl wrote an interesting blogpost on the changes.