At December 18 VMware released NSX for vSphere 6.2.1
Release notes here
New in 6.2.1
The 6.2.1 release delivers a number of bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.
- 6.1.5 fixes: Release includes the same critical fixes as NSX-vSphere 6.1.5 content.
- Introduced new ‘show control-cluster network ipsec status’ command that allows uses to inspect the Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) state.
- Connectivity status: NSX Manager user interface now shows the connectivity status of the NSX Controller cluster.
- Support for vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in for NSX 1.0.3: With NSX 6.2.1 release, NSX-vRO plugin version 1.0.3 is introduced for use with vRealize Automation 7.0.0. This plugin includes fixes that improve performance when vRealize Automation 7.0 uses NSX for vSphere 6.2.1 as a networking and security end point.
- Starting in 6.2.1, NSX Manager queries each Controller node in the cluster to get the connection information between that controller and the other controllers in the cluster.
This is provided in the output of the NSX REST API (“GET https://[NSX-MANAGER-IP-ADDRESS]/api/2.0/vdn/controller” command), which now shows the peer connection status among the controller nodes. If NSX Manager finds the connection between any two controller nodes is broken, a system event is generated to alert the user.
- Service Composer now exposes an API that enables users to configure auto creation of Firewall drafts for Service Composer workflows.
This setting can be turned on/off using REST API and the changes can be saved across reboot. When disabled, no draft is created in the Distributed Firewall (DFW) for policy workflows. This limits the number of drafts that are auto-created in the system and provides better performance.