I experienced a strange issue. After some issues with our domain controllers, permissions in vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 were not visible using the web client. Admins were able to log in using their AD credentials. However it was not possible to view current permissions. Also adding permissions was not possible.
When I added a permission, the error “An internal error has occured – Error #1034” was displayed.
Even when I logged into vCenter Server using firstname.lastname@example.org I was not able to view permissions.
Error: “you do not have permissions to view this object or this object does not exist” was presented.
I decided to reboot the vCenter Server Appliance virtual machine. After that, the issue was solved.