Mid June 2018 AWS released a new technical soloution called AWS Landing Zone. This solution, free to use, builds what is called a Landing Zone in AWS. A Landing Zone is a set of AWS Accounts which can be used as a start for using AWS resources.
The solution itself is a set of scripts and manuals. Using the scripts the Landing Zone is automatically build.
The set of scripts and manuals is made available in a S3 bucket. Anyone with an AWS IAM account can download the scripts. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- First you need to download and install the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) software. Links can be found in this blogpost.
- Then start the AWS CLI. On a Windows 10 client, start a CMD box and go to the folder where AWS CLI was installed. This is default C:\Program Files\Amazon\AWSCLI
- Next configure the AWS CLI with your credentials. To do so type in the CMD box
How to obtain your ‘Access Key ID and ‘Secret Access Key’ is explained in this post.
- Then run the command below.
aws s3 sync s3://solutions-reference/aws-landing-zone/ aws-landing-zone –no-sign-request
- This will download many files including the documentation. Default it will create a folder:
Thanks to Soenke Ruempler for Tweeting about the command to download!